Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did.
So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. --- Mark Twain

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Mozambique

Day 340

Written in Maputo, the capital of Mozambique. I went to the Vodacom agency to buy myself a local SIM card for internet. Having my Huawey USB modern , that was repaired with a tape, in hand. There were 3 people waiting in front of me there. And they all had an iPad in hand. And soon there were two more persons in the queue waiting behind me. With iPads in hands as well.

So I silently pushed my device into the bottom of my pocket. And an hour later I had the card and could communicate and this post is the actual outcome of the issue.

For the start some pictures of the Maputo. To make the long story short - it is a beautiful city and the salespeople in the street are not intrusive.

DSC05560

Cathedral of Our Lady of Conception - Nossa Senhora da Conceicao.



DSC05559

Praca Independence - Independence Square. And Samora Machel - the first president of Mozambique in 1975-1986. He had died in a plane crash of unknown circumstances. The City Hall, that was completed in 1945, is in the background.

DSC05552


And many other interesting street names.

DSC05556

DSC05548

DSC05602

Explanation for those who do not speak Portuguese - it is money, not fashion or design museum.

DSC05598

A dozen rooms with very good and interesting exhibition space, and not only the money of Mozambique and Africa, but paper and metal money from all over the world. So – the map of the area and corresponding coins under the glass.

DSC05601

The money of the Baltic states was not exhibited. Later I remembered that I probably had somewhere some Estonian coins and could give them away here.

DSC05565

Fort Maputo – decently restored.

DSC05571

DSC05589

DSC05573

DSC05436

Again by the Indian Ocean. It is now the third time.

Bamboozi

Bamboozi Weather Station.

DSC05329

Grilled fish with rice.

DSC05467

Further on southwards.

Continued ...

No comments: